Squash (Winter), Acorn Table Queen (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
- All-America Selections Winner! The Table Queen Squash plant produces large 7" deep green acorn shaped squash.
- Grows as a compact bush size plant (not as a vine)
- Extremely flavorful
- Dark orange flesh
- Excellent sliced, fried, or steamed
- Easy to grow even in poor soil
- Day to Maturity | 85 days
Best Months to Plant | [March - June] Winter squash love the sun and can't get enough of it. They need about 3 months of warm temperature and one additional month of cooler temps to fully mature.
Though considered a vegetable in cooking, botanically speaking, squash is a fruit (being the receptacle for the plant's seeds). Squash can be served fresh (in salads) and cooked (squash stuffed with meat, fried squash, baked squash).